Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

My Guest Post (Director's Cut)

Last week I made a guest post on the 9999 Songs blog.

I settled on the track "Coppertone" by Fini Scad, but these were the other tracks in contention for the gig.

The brief was that I had to choose I song I liked from the year 1996. "Coppertone" may not have been my favourite of all of the songs of that year, but it's at least an interesting study.

Other ones that were on my list were:

Dodgy - "In A Room"

The Hollies meets the Who in a lost Britpop classic.



Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - "Chicken Dog"

A raw blues pastiche with a guest vocal from Rufus Thomas. Utter classic.



Allen Ginsburg (with Paul McCartney, Lenny Kaye, and Phillip Glass) - "The Ballad of the Skeletons"

Beat Poetry meets beat music, with fascionating results.



The Whitlams - "I Make Hamburgers"

A song about the two topics dearest to a man's heart: food and sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment