Pages

Thursday 8 May 2014

Stop Motion Mozart

I love a bit of animation, especially when it is done cleverly and done well.

As much as I love it, I don't have the time or the skills to do animation.

Besides that, when you see it done as well as the Mystery Guitar Man does it on his YouTube channel, it just makes me want to concentrate on what I do best: admiring from a distance and alerting people like you to these things via this web page.

This is a Mozart piece, "The Marriage of Figaro", done completely in stop-motion animation. Short frames, most likely of one note, looped and edited together to make this piece. Each guitar line has been edited in this way and then played back over each other, multi-track style making a piece that is as eerie as it is mindblowing.

Take a listen: Mozart as only you'd hear it in the 21st Century.

Thanks to the Mystery Guitar Man. You can see more of his videos here, on his YouTube Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment